I KNOW I said I would change the dates of my menu postings…..but I just C.A.N.’T. Something about starting off the week on SUNDAY (God’s Day, as I practice it), just seems right. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll get this posted as desired. Trying a new strategy. If you are a blogger and you post crucial dated subjects, I would love to hear your suggestions to make sure you get it up as you want…..Yet I know the whole organization thingy…..Unfortunately, Monday seems to be my easiest day of accomplishing blogging……
Tell me that doesn’t just look DELICIOUS!!! I love http://www.eatingwell.com because most of the ingredients I already have on hand, and they give great menu options. Check them out!
Saucy Ham and Cabbage
Garden Confetti Pasta with Smoked Sausage
2 Cups dried Rotini Pasta ( I chose Garden Delight)
16 oz Smoked Sausage
1 small onion
1 green bell pepper
1 tsp oil
14.5 oz diced tomatoes
2 cups frozen corn
2 cups garbanzo beans
1/2 cup Italian dressing
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. Two minutes before rotini is done, throw in corn.
- Saute onion and bell pepper in olive oil till soft and onions are transparent. Add diced tomatoes.
- Slice Smoked Sausage in 1/2 inch piece. Add to the vegetables. Brown sausage.
- Once the pasta/corn is done, add the sausage and vegetable mixture. Add garbanzo beans and Italian dressing. Toss to coat.
- Serve, topped with cheese if desired.
Serve with garlic bread and fruit
Ethiopian Chicken Stew
Sausage Pita Pockets
6 pita pockets
16 oz bulk sausage
1 medium onion
1 tsp olive oil
2 cups brocolli and cauliflower mix
1/2 cup honey mustard dressing
1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Saute onion in olive oil. Once transparent, add sausage. Brown sausage in med-hi heat. Drain sausage of oils.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower mix. Cook til heated through.
- Add dressing
- Stuff pockets, top with cheese if desired.
- Place in 350 degree preheated oven for 10 minutes to toast pita pockets and melt cheese
Serve with fries (traditional or sweet potato)
Pinneapple Salsa Tilapia