Yep! Late again. I think I am going to change my menu dates….but I know most people do their grocery shopping over the weekend. Gotta work on being HELPFUL!!!
1 box chicken stuffing mix
4 chicken breasts (I was out of chicken breasts)
1/2 cup salsa con queso
4 oz cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Layer bottom of 9×13 baking dish with stuffing mix. Next, layer the chicken breasts.
- Combine queso, cream cheese, and soup til well mixed. Pour over chicken.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, or til cooking thermometer reads 165 degrees inserted at thickest point of chicken breast (another tip, but hard to tell with this recipe, when the juices from the chicken run clear when speared). Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Serve with garlic green beans and corn.
Ham and Vegetable Soup
This is a great time to use up all those veggies from last week that didn’t get used
Saute onion, celery and ham for deeper flavor. Throw in diced potatoes and carrots. Let simmer 30 minutes. Add frozen corn and canned tomatoes for 5 minutes. Add herbs to your liking. Serve with cheese chunks and olives:)
Here is another easy, no hassle recipe. Unfortunately salsa and chicken twice in one week!! Sorry guys…..but I let my husband help in the planning, and variety isn’t his concern:) But this is a great crock pot recipe. Throw it in before you go to work and it is ready when you get home!!!
4 chicken thighs/drumsticks
6 carrots, 1 inch slices
1/2 cup salsa
2 Tbsps Chili Powder
Salt to taste
- Sprinkle Chili Powder and salt on chicken. Place in crock pot. Add carrots. Top with salsa.
- Cook on HI for 4 hours, or low 8 hours.
- Serve with brown rice and broccoli.
1lb ground turkey
2 can equivalent of cream of something soup (see Homemade from the heart for the heart)
3 celery ribs
1 cup peas, or mixed vegetables
1 cup cheese
Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp Worcestershire
1 tsp soy sauce
1Tbsp olive oil
- Saute onion and celery in oil til tender.
- Add turkey. Cook until brown.
- Add cream of something soup. Simmer until mixture becomes thick, about 7 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire, soy sauce, pepper.
- To Plate up, layer cooked rice, meat mix, cheese, and vegetables.
Sweet Potato Fries